Saturday, June 20, 2009

Children of the Lamp: The Akhenaten adventures

I picked up a random book from the library and I was fortunate enough that it was Children of the Lamp: The Akhenaten Adventures. It is about two very ordinary twins John and Phillipa who find out that they are djinn. They persuade their parents to take them to Uncle Nimrod, who had visited them in their dream. From there, they learn more about djinn and their power. I am in the early part of the book and a good plot is also unfolding. This book also has some familiar factors (such as the evilest of all djinn being a guy called Iblis) I would really recommend this to adolescent readers to old people. I enjoy this book a lot partly because I am a fan of fantasy book, and also because it is different. How many books do you see that involve djinn other than ones that picture them coming out a lamp?

No comments:

Post a Comment