Tuesday, June 2, 2009


I have finished Lord of the Flies and I was slightly surprised with the ending. Ralph was chased down by Jack and his new tribe and Piggy was killed. However, at the end of the story, they were found, just as Ralph was about to be killed. The rescuers claimed that they say smoke and landed, looking for any stranded people. Luckily enough, Ralph wanted the signal fire to keep going, although Jack said it was "no use" and a "waste of time". Because of Ralph, they had been rescued. If Jack had killed Ralph before or if he did not bother lighting the fire all day, they would have certainly been doomed. The reason I was surprised by the ending is because they were rescued after all, probably for the sake of a happy ending. Although it was pretty close to a real situation, it is highly unlikely they should have been rescued at all.

I really enjoyed this book and I encourage everyone to read it, especially teenagers and adults. Unlike other survival books, getting food and shelter was not the main concern, but it was getting rescued.

2 comments:

  1. splendid Tuahaa I loved what you wrote. you wrote in full context. For sure i will read this book. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book as i have read it myself.Good analisys i'm going to continue blogging even at my new school

    ReplyDelete